Sunday, May 20, 2012

Establishing A Blog


As part of an assignment at Ashford Univeristy, we were asked to set up a blog showcasing our written work.  My blog is entitled Communication: A Two Way Street, and the URL is http://communication2waystreet.blogspot.com/

I had a hard time completing this assignment because I am a "finish what you start" type of person.  For me, a blog is an ongoing project, and I felt torn at the idea of starting a real true online blog only for the purpose of this assignment, knowing that I may not continue it after the course completed.

As far as actually creating the blog, I found this process to be quite easy as I have set up blogs in the past and have some moderate experience in website creation.  I think that pictures are vital to make a blog engaging and enjoyable to read, otherwise viewers can get lost in pages of text.  I also think it's important to select background colors that won't compete with your font color.  For example a black background with grey text is not very user friendly and makes it difficult for viewers to read your content.


1 comment:

  1. The content of this blog is very neat and orderly. I enjoyed scrolling through the pages and reading your posts again in the blog format. I think your content is very easy to read and easy to understand.
    The purpose you have clearly laid out in your blog summary and inspiration page and I love that you have detailed the project required in the classwork, but in the posts, you lose the sense that it’s JUST a class project.
    The design is personalized with a background image that is very neat and very pretty. It is an organized layout that makes everything easy to find. I almost chose this design for my own blog project!
    It is clear who the audience is intended to be: classmates, instructor, etc. However, your writing is very easy to understand and interesting to read, so the “passerby” reader may subscribe to keep up with your thoughts and posts on this subject. You have made this topic something that is interesting to read about and your writing style is organized and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete